One of the most common reasons elderly and disabled homeowners move out of their homes is that the house becomes too much to handle both physically and financially. Umbrella economically performs those chores that member homeowners can no longer do for themselves, including a preventative maintenance routine designed to identify and address problems before they erupt into costly, major repairs.
What is included in your Umbrella membership?
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance, Seven Days a Week
- Free Annual Home Inspection and a Written Report Emphasizing Prevention
- Discounts on Parts and Materials
- $12/hour Handyman Service for Routine Repairs and Odd Jobs
- Fixed Rate of $50/hour for Licensed Plumbers
- Fixed Rate of $64/hour for Licensed Electricians
- Emergency and Routine Heating and Cooling Services
- Home Watch Available Upon Request
- A Screened Workforce of Independent Contractors
- Information and Referral for Services Not Provided by Umbrella of the Capital District
The help you need for $12.00 per hour
- Light Carpentry work on doors, shelving, window trim and stairs.
- Painting and wallpapering a room and exterior trim painting. We do not paint whole houses.
- Lawn mowing, garden work and snow blowing. (Homeowner must provide lawn mower and snow blower.)
- Window washing and changing storm windows.
- Garage and basement cleaning.
- Repair of leaky faucets and drains (non-licensed work only)
- Simple electrical repairs (non-licensed work only)
- Shopping & errands
- Transportation and accompaniment to appointments. The home owner must have a registered car.
- And much much more!
Warranties & Guarantees
- All handyman labor warranted for one full year
- Member satisfaction guaranteed
- One hour of free service if representative is more than one hour late for scheduled appointment
- Umbrella is committed to keeping your home in good working order by arranging and coordinating routine maintenance, repair, preventive and emergency services. The agency’s membership and labor fees are low cost, fair and flexible. All work is done by an experienced, dependable work force. Umbrella takes the frustration out of the process of maintaining your home by ensuring that your services are performed on time and are up to your expectations and standards for a job well done.
- An Umbrella membership costs between $145 and $315 per year, depending on the size of the home and the annual income of the homeowner. Umbrella is not a poverty program but, we do offer subsidies to those of moderate and low income. An annual membership continues for one year from the day you join.
- To ensure quality work and customer satisfaction, every request for assistance is coordinated by Umbrella through service our office. Time and material charges are paid directly to the worker by the homeowner. Umbrella does not profit in any way from what is paid to the handypeople. Nor do we ever solicit work from members at any time.